This is the season for serving fish and shellfish for your summer gathering.
Get your cookware ready and put together fresh ingredients along with these nutritious and light gems from the sea from your local fish mongers.
This delicious dish can be cooked ahead so that you can enjoy your day. Your guests won't have to wait too long for this flavorful dish, and they can sip the summer cocktails such as Riesling Sangria with lychee to start.
Bouillabaise with Green Curry Paste
(yield 6 servings)
- 1-1/2 lb fish (skate wings filet) or white fish such as bass, cod
- 1 lb shrimp #18-21 count
- 12 pieces little neck clams, optional
- 2 lb mussels, cleaned
- 2 lb sea scallops
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger
- 1/4 cup oil
- 3 tablespoons green curry paste
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1/2 lb shallot, minced
- 2 cans coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 3 pieces of kaffir lime leaves, slivered, optional
- Brown the shallot and add garlic and ginger with 1/8 cup oil. Stir in green curry paste and coconut milk and bring to simmer. Add 2 cups vegetable stock and let it simmer for additional 10 mins and add fish sauce, salt and pepper to taste and put aside.
- Marinate the fish, shrimp and scallops with garlic, ginger, salt and pepper.
- In a large frying pan, heat the rest of the oil, sear the fish and shrimp separately by adding turmeric, paprika and kaffir lime leaves. Set aside.
- In a separate pot, bring 1 cup of vegetable stock to a boil and add in mussels and rest of shell fish and stir for a few minutes in high heat till the shells opens, discard the unopened ones, add the green curry broth in.In a deep pasta bowl arrange nicely with the mussels and fish at bottom of the bowl and put the shrimp and scallops on the top along with a ladle full of hot broth.
Serve hot along with steamed Jasmine rice.